NALD will be recognized as an innovative and valued contributor to advancing learning in Canada.
We are the lead network that Canadians rely on to connect them with information, tools, resources, knowledge and expertise to enhance life-long and life-wide learning.
NALD’s Values and Guiding Principles
As an organization, NALD holds the following Core Values and Guiding Principles:
- Learning, in all its forms and at all stages of life, is at the centre of everything we do.
- We value independence and self-reliance, both as an organization in what we do, and in the transformational impact that improved literacy skills have on the lives of those whom we ultimately seek to support.
- We play a leadership role in knowledge exchange and mobilization, information dissemination and using the latest technology to support those whom we serve. We freely share information as a communications hub and seek to build capacity in the field.
- We seek to work collegially with others, in partnership and collaboration, with mutual trust and support, to achieve our common objectives.
- We value excellence in customer service, with a focus on understanding our customers’ needs and offering them valuable solutions.
- We value our relationships with our partners, stakeholders, clients, suppliers and other members of our network in the learning community.
- We are proud to offer services in both of Canada’s official languages from Canada’s only bilingual province.
- We work as a professional team in a learning environment, accountable to each other, our funders, and to those who rely on our services.
NALD Value Proposition
- Experienced, connected and respected national bilingual network focused on learning
- Over 20 years of experience in a technology-based environment with a business model providing services across the country
- Stewards of Canada’s largest digital library dedicated to learning and literacy
- Knowledge of the complex dynamics of learning in the workplace and the needs of employers and workers
- Experienced managers of large national projects
NALD at your service
The National Adult Literacy Database provides information and resources, leveling the playing field for learners and practitioners. Since its beginnings in 1989, NALD has changed the way resources are accessed and broadened the numbers of people who access them.
From April 1, 2011, to March 31, 2012, NALD’s website services were accessed by approximately 4,000,000 users who viewed more than 9,300,000 pages of information and downloaded more than 20,000,000 full-text documents (PDF files).
National Adult Literacy Database Inc.
767 Brunswick Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 1H8
Toll free: 1-800-720-6253
NALD gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Office of Literacy and
Essential Skills, Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. It is also
supported by a significant contribution from the Government of New Brunswick.