- Everyone involved in programs should be involved in developing definitions
and statements that they believe to be true and important concerning families
and literacy in their own communities.
- Programs are most successful when families continue the activities learned
when they go home.
- Programs that support parents in their quest to help their children are family
- Family literacy program practitioners and administrators should continually
examine and reflect upon their attitudes, values and practices to ensure that
the mission, vision and goals are still valid.
- The whole community should be involved in supporting family literacy.
- There is a place for my agency to be involved in family literacy in our
- As one person, there is much I can to do promote and increase family literacy
in my community.