Library/Internet/Community Search for Job Search Information and Resources
Description1. For this assignment, the students will create a booklet featuring library, Internet, and community resources for job searching.
2. Under each of these three categories, the students should find resources for:
3. For each resource found, the students should write the bibliography information of the resource and a brief description of the information found in the resource.
4. The booklet may be created by folding in half and stapling 8 1/2" x 11" sheets of paper. The title on the front of the booklet should be, Job Searching, and the student(s) should also include the authors on the front cover. To add creativity, have the students design the front cover with more than just text.
5. The teacher may decide to have the students work individually or in small groups for this project.
Sub-skills Needed:1. Co-operative learning strategies
2. Research strategies
Materials Needed1. 8 1/2" x 11" unlined paper
2. Markers, pencil crayons, stencils, etc.
The students will create their booklet using the word processing program. The booklets should be created in two Columns from the Landscape position in the page set up. When the booklet is folded in half and stapled, note that page one will not be on the same page as page two.
See Computer Curriculum Guide:Start Microsoft Word Section One, Pg. 1
Enter Text in a Document Section One, Pg. 11
Apply Bold, Italic or Underline Section Two, Pg. 5
Check Spelling and Grammar Section One, Pg. 18
Change Font, Font Sizes, and Colours Section Two, Pg. 15
Columns Section Five, Pg. 2
Save a Document Section One, Pg. 13
Preview and Print a Document Section One, Pg. 14
EvaluationGroup Work Rubrics and Checklists