ACTIVITIES AND RESEARCH TOPICS
1. Imagine you were one of the first Aboriginal to live in this region. Write a story about the hardships you encounter. Don't forget to describe the climate and terrain.
2. Go to your local museum and report back on the type of aboriginal artifacts housed there. Explain what they are and how they were used.
3. Do a series of drawings to illustrate
4. Build a miniature teepee. (as close to traditional as possible)
5. What Aboriginal peoples lived in this region? If more than one group live in your region, describe the differences and similarities between them.
6. Research one of the aboriginal groups in North America and report on the history, language and home territory of this group.
7. Identify an industry or occupation that exists in your area and explain why it is suitable for your environment. What others industries could be located here that may help provide employment in this region.
|Previous Page||Life Before European Contact||Next Page|