How the Guide is organized
- SECTION 1:
- A Framework for Curriculum and Materials Development
Provides an overview of worker-centred union literacy and outlines a
union approach to literacy curriculum.
- SECTION 2:
- Examples of Materials for Worker-Centred Union Literacy
Presents two practical examples of literacy materials to illustrate a
union approach to curriculum development:
- Fight for the Living
- The Water Watch Campaign.
- SECTION 3:
- Summary of Guidelines for Developing Materials for worker-Centred
Describes why materials development for literacy programs is
important to unions and provides tips on how to go about creating
materials for union literacy programs.
- SECTION 4:
- Implications for Union Education
Provides suggestions for how labour educators can adapt their
approaches to make trade union education courses more accessible to
members with literacy needs.
- SECTION 5:
Presents a bibliography of relevant resources.