3. Set an agenda
You don't need something on paper, but
you should have a general idea about messages you
want to deliver. Here are some suggestions:
- Give a reason for the meeting
literacy is important to the community).
- Talk about local literacy challenges
- Ask the candidate where they stand on
- Secure their commitment to advance
literacy at home and in Ottawa.
- Refer them to MCL's Parliamentarian's
Tool Kit (www.literacy.ca),
which provides suggestions on how they can
make a difference.
- Thank them for the meeting.