Some Fun Things To Do!
Help your child learn a new word. Maybe it will be a secret word the two
of you share! Some families teach their children a family word to
be used only in emergency situations.
Find things which are all the same color, shape, size, type etc. when
you are on a walk or car/bus ride. Have your child keep track of them and talk
Give your child a calendar of their own. Help them mark important dates
in different colors.
Let your child teach you something! Go along with their
directions and see what happens.
Sign up for a class and let your child see you actively engaged in
Some Things To Remember:
- From the Come Read With Me Family Literacy Program comes the
- We remember 20% of what we hear
- We remember 30% of what we see
- We remember 50% of what we hear and see
- We remember 70% of what we hear, see and talk
- We remember 90% of what we hear, see, talk and do.
- Celebrate your childs successes. Talk about what they do well. Teach
them new skills. Listen to them.