Family Literacy - All
About Being Good!
Welcome to Goodness! It is important for
children to feel good about themselves and what they can do. Your child has
been learning about these and other self esteem issues in their Family Literacy
sessions. Here are some more ways you can foster this at home!
Some Books To Use At Home
- Its Mine, by Leo Lionni
- My Special Feelings, by Joan Prestine
- Alexander and the Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, by Judith Viorst
- Theres a Monster Under My Bed, by James Howe
- Bedtime for Francis, by Russel Hoban
- Important Book, by Margaret Wise Brown
- I Din Do Nuthin and Other Poems, by John Agard
- Chesters Barn, by Lyndee Climo
- When I Grow Up Bigger Than Five, by Frank Etherington
- Sadie and the Snowman, by Allen Morgan
Some Questions (Storystretchers ) to Ask:
Tell me about being good.
How was someone in this story good?
Is it always easy to be good to ourselves? To other people? To our
friends and pets?