The Expanding Life of Carol Devine
Questions for Discussion
- Name some of the jobs Carol had before she became seriously ill
with kidney disease.
- How did diabetes affect Carol's eyes?
A Child Diabetic
- How old was Carol when she was diagnosed with diabetes?
- Why was Carol's mother familiar with the symptoms of diabetes?
- What kind of diabetes did Carol have? How was it treated?
- How are today's tests for blood sugar levels better than when Carol
was a child?
- Why did Carol's serious diabetic problems start when she was 12
or 13 years old? Do you think the same thing would have happened to
- What happened to Carol when she was about 23?
- Why did Carol go blind in her right eye? What special kind of surgery
did she have?
- What was Carol working at when she became severely ill? Did she
like the job? Why?
What Is a Kidney Transplant?
- Which people make the best matches for those who need kidney transplants?
- What does dialysis do?
- Who in Carol's family was found to be the best donor match for