The Transplant: In Carol's Own Words
- How did Carol find out that Brenda was thinking about donating
a kidney to her?
- Why did Carol decide to accept Brenda's kidney?
- How long did Carol's doctors think her new kidney might work? Were
- How did the transplant operation go?
- How does a transplant operation affect the donor?
- Why were Carol and Brenda kept apart after the operation? Do you
think they found this difficult?
- Why did Brenda call Carol and tell her to look out the window?
Do you think Brenda's action was wise?
- After the transplant operation, Carol started looking forward to
- How did Carol and Brenda's family help them through their recovery?
- How do you think Carol would have felt if her new kidney had lasted
for only a short time?
The Transplant Games
- How did Carol first hear about the Transplant Games?
- What is Carol's main sport?
- Who went with Carol to her first Games?
- Why did Carol miss the 1991 Games?
- Why do you think people who have had transplants want to compete
in their own Games? If you had a transplant, would you choose to compete?
In which sport?
- Who started the World Transplant Games?
- How is Carol's health today?
- Why do you think Carol has been involved in so much community and
- Name some of the organizations Carol is a member of.
- How does Carol exercise her artistic side?
- Why do you think Carol continues to say
to life, when it has so often said
"no" to her.
- Put Carol's personal philosophy in your own words.