Ernie Mauskopf: The Story of a Survivor
Questions for Discussion
- What town in Newfoundland could you compare to Békéscsaba?
- Who was the leader of the Nazi movement in Germany?
Ernie's Childhood in Békéscsaba?
- How does Ernie's childhood compare to your our own?
- What chores did Ernie have to do around the house?
- What illness did Ernie suffer when he was a boy?
- What kinds of food did Ernie eat when he was a boy?
- How was Ernie's school different from yours?
- What are winters like in Hungary? What are summers like?
- Why did Ernie find Jewish school hard?
- What racial groups other than Jews have suffered discrimination?
- Some Newfoundlanders say they have suffered discrimination. In
- Why did Hitler think people should hate the Jews?
- The Holocaust was an example of genocide — an attempt to
exterminate an entire race. Do you know of any other attempts at genocide
in your lifetime?
- The seal hunt has often been compared to the Holocaust. Is this
a reasonable comparison?