Many garden parties were held on the grounds to raise money for a new St. Luke’s Church. This church was built in Chatham, but is no longer standing today.
In 1930, a small building on the grounds behind the Snowball House was turned around to face King Street. The home itself was bought by the Calvin Presbyterian Church in 1933. It was used as a home by the minister of this church for many year. Then a new minister’s house was built. “Wellington Villa” became an apartment house, but is still in good repair.