|Why do we plan?
Planning is a key part of any community development project or activity. Good
community-based planning creates opportunities for working together and
results in activities that benefit the whole community.
To be effective, a community‐based planning process should:
- Involve community people, groups and organizations from the beginning
in the design of local activities;
- Make sure that people with different abilities and literacy levels are able to
participate in design and decision-making;
- Consider how to make the best use of community strengths and resources
- Respond to local needs and interests;
- Build in ways to review how project activities are going and make changes
- Include opportunities for local people to develop their skills, knowledge
- Raise awareness about what is being planned;
- Increase the sense of local ownership;
- Leads to shared responsibility, increased local partnerships and