Strategic Recruiting: Using Creative Communication Principles to Find
the People You Need is based on the half-day workshop delivered to
participants at the Community Literacy of Ontario Annual General Meeting and
Conference in October 2000.
The workshop - and this resource - approach the topic of recruiting from a
cyclical communications model. Through the progressive series of exercises, we
hope that you will be able to clearly identify who it is you are trying to
recruit and then use that information to structure your recruitment messages
accordingly. More specifically, we expect that by the time you have completed
the 12 exercises, you will have:
- identified your organization's specific recruiting needs
- understood and applied the basic principles of persuasive communication
- identified different cost-effective recruitment techniques and resources
- developed a simple and practical recruitment action plan
- developed simple evaluation tools that you can use to help you measure the
effectiveness of your recruitment strategy.