1. Where do I want to go? I would like to be able to...
2. What do I need to learn? What am I already confident
3. a) How am I going to get there? I will begin with...
Later I will work on... These activities may be useful... What
resources will I need?
b) How will I know when I've got there? I will know I've
got there when I can..., when I feel...
Lesson plans are based on the goals set here. After a few
sessions of working together, the tutor and student answer the
fourth and fifth questions:
4. How far have I got? I feel more confident about... I
am still unsure of... The tutor is also asked to comment on the
5. Where to next? The student and tutor decide what
goals to continue working on. They may then use the first three
questions again to help put the goals in writing.