Copyright 1994; Action Learning Systems; All rights reserved
Questions that Promote Student Self-RefIection
- What makes this your best piece?
- How did you go about (writing, solving) it?
- What problems did you encounter? How did you solve them?
- What makes your most effective piece different from your least
- What goals did you set for yourself? How well did you accomplish
- Why did you select this piece of work?
- What was particularly important to you during the process of
creating this work?
- If you could work further on this piece, what would you do?
- What do you want me to look for when I evaluate this work?
- How does this relate to what you have learned before?
- What grade would you put on this paper? Why?
- Of the work we've done recently, I feel most confident about...
- What I still don't understand is...
- I (don't) enjoy this type of work because...
- The type of work I find most challenging is...