Community Literacy of Ontario’s
SmartSteps to Organizational Excellence
Proposal Writing: Effective Strategies
Online Workshop #1 – February 20, 2002
Welcome to Community Literacy of Ontario’s Proposal Writing: Effective Strategies workshop. This is the first of five modules in CLO’s SmartSteps to Organizational Excellence online workshop series.
We are glad you’ve joined Community Literacy of Ontario for this innovative workshop which will introduce participants to the common elements of grant proposals, help you prepare to write a proposal and provide some insight into government, foundations and corporate funders.
Proposal Writing: Effective Strategies has been designed especially for community-based literacy agencies and will be of particular interest to practitioners actively involved in program administration.
- Identify and be prepared to implement the steps to effective proposal planning, developing and writing
- Be able to identify the key elements that a funder wants to know about an organization
- Have an increased knowledge of the current environment and motivations of government, foundations & corporate sponsors
- Understand the importance of accountability, communication and credibility when developing a proposal
- Be familiar with the common elements of a proposal
- Identify and avoid the common mistakes made in proposal writing
- Proposal planning and your organization
- Getting to know them better: an overview of funding sources, key trends and issues
- Understanding government, foundation and corporate funders
- Common elements of a proposal
- Tips for avoiding common mistakes when writing proposals
- Evaluation Summary of the Online Workshop
- Bibliography of Resources Proposal