POLICIES AND PROCEDURES MANUAL: The agency will institute
and maintain a "Policy and Procedure Manual" which will:
- Codify the policies and procedures of the agency
- Document these policies and procedures in an accessible, readable, and
All agency employees and volunteers with take their direction from, and
comply with, the policies and guidelines contained in the Policy and Procedure
All agency employees will be able to suggest new policies and/or
procedures or revisions to the existing policies and procedures using the
"Manual Update" form provided in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
A "Policy and Procedure Manual", developed, implemented, and
maintained properly, becomes the foundation of consistency and professionalism.
It is important for employees of the agency to have input into the decision
making process of the agency. Many of the policies and procedures are directed
towards the employee and since the employee is in a position, on a day to day
basis, to assess the impact, validity and practicality of agency policies and
procedures it will be beneficial for the employee to have the opportunity to
make suggestions regarding these policies and guidelines.
- APPROVAL PROCESS [describe the process for your agency]
- AMENDMENT PROCESS [describe the process for your agency]
- REVIEW PROCESS [describe the process for your agency]
- Suggestions from employees will be incorporated into the Approval
Process for Consideration and will be incorporated into the manual if they are
Key Core Quality Standard:
16. Program Accountability: A quality literacy program does what it says it
will do. It is accountable to its learners, sponsoring organizations, partners,
community and funders. All stakeholders, not only program staff, are
accountable for the success of the program.
The program meets the requirements of its funders.
- The program carries out the activities it has agreed to so
and collects the information requested by its funders.
(Source: Adapted from Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater