Appendix A: Suggested Resources for Learning Activities:
The following are resources in which to find learning activities that allow practice in
the skill areas applicable to an entry-level Pet Groomer position. These activities
should be practiced and successfully completed prior to a learner attempting
the Pet Groomer Skills Demonstration.
Practitioners may choose to use additional relevant activities according to the defined
learning needs of the learner.
- Workwrite: Workplace Communications, Preparatory Training Programs, 2002.
Workwrite: Book 1, Organizing Information, Preparatory Training Programs, 2002.
Workwrite: Book 2, Schedules, Preparatory Training Programs, 2002.
Workwrite: Book 3, Information Forms, Preparatory Training Programs, 2002.
- Skills At Work — Workbook 2 — A Day on the Job, AlphaPlus Centre, 2004.
- Skills That Work — Workforce Materials for Literacy Programs, LLSC, 2004.
- Paperwork Plus — Manufacturing Edition — Level 3, Workplace Training Services, 1999.
- The Winning Label — A Simplified Introduction to WHMIS Training Package, LLEO
- Read to Work — Service & Retail, L. Stern, Cambridge Adult Education, 1997.
- Make Your Mark in Retail Jobs, R. Grebel, P. Pogrund, Contemporary Books, 1997.
- English for Employment, Parsky, Educational Design, 1994.
- Safety on the Job: A Guide for Employees, Industrial Accident Prevention Association, 1991.
- Essential Skills for the Workplace (Series), L. Strumpf, Contemporary Books, 1993.
- Everyday Writing, B. Walker, American Guidance Service, Inc., 1997.
- Dilemma in the Workplace, J. Pomeroy, Educational Activities, Inc., 1997.
- Steps to Employment in Ontario — Sales Occupations Workbook, 2000.
- “15 Techniques When Dealing With Customers”, M.B. Wasserman www.bluinc.com/news/15.htm (web link to article)
- Success on the Job — Writing at Work, S. Deveau, K. Clough, Walch Publisher, 1999.
- Mastering Reading — Learning About Office Work, J. Bernard-Johnston, L. Lee, A. Lyons-Quinn, Delmar Occupational Learning System, 1991.
- Preparing for the Workforce, Quill Learning Network, 2001. (CD-ROM)
- Workforce Demonstration Activities, LOCS, 2000. (CD-ROM)
- Literacy in the Workplace, LLEO (CD-ROM)
- Essential Skills — Authentic Workplace Materials, http://srv600.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/esrp/english/general/Auth_Work_Mats_e.shtml (web link)