Learner Name________________________________ Date Completed________________________________
- Make sure the learner understands the information and instructions for this
- Go over the evaluation section with your learner to ensure that the learner
understands what skills, knowledge or behaviours are being assessed by this
demonstration and how they will be recognized.
- Discuss with learner and decide what would be a reasonable length of time for the
completion of this demonstration activity. Record this on the assessment form.
- When the learner has completed the demonstration, provide a way for the learner
to self-reflect on the experience. Complete the assessment form with the learner,
enter the date completed, and note whether it was successful or needs to be tried
How much assistance should the learner receive?
The completion of this demonstration includes your direct involvement. You will be
required to take part in the following two short role-play activities with the learner. If
you choose, carry out these role-play activities over a real telephone.
Question 2A – Grooming Chart & Price List Information Activities
asks you to play the role of a customer who is making an enquiry.
This is the information you will need and the questions you should ask:
- You are the new owner of a Golden Retriever
- How often should I bring the dog in for grooming?
- My dog often has a very static coat. What can I do to help this?
- What should I be doing at home to keep the dog’s coat groomed?
Question 2 – Appointment Book and Client Information Card Activities
requires you and the learner to role-play a phone conversation to set up a grooming
appointment. You will play the role of the customer.
This is the information you will need:
- You can only agree to a morning appointment.
- The appointment time slots you should be offered by the learner are Wednesday the
13th from 8:00 to 11:00 or Thursday the 14th from 10:00 to 1:00.
See the Learner Information and Instructions on how these role-play activities
can be adapted or extended.