The answer, we hope, will emerge as we talk with tutors around
the province. So far, we've identified where we want to start:
- Do a survey of Laubach Councils across the province to find out
what they would like from their provincial organization.
- Develop a students' organization to identify their concerns.
- Support programs of the national body, Laubach Literacy of
Canada, such as the national student organization (TREE).
- Form partnerships with other literacy organizations.
Attract corporate sponsorships so that we can bring more funds to
councils for the important work they do.
Other ideas were discussed:
- Find high profile spokesperson to draw media and public
attention to the problems of adult literacy.
- Increase the number of councils serving the under-served
- Seek media publicity for the cause of adult literacy.
- Plan a provincial conference in 2001 or 2002.
Following are the people who will work together to develop the LL
of BC program:
Anne Knott -
Barb Bamford - Vice
Jane Fitschen -
Cindy Bayes - Public
Relations and Communications Committee
James Hance - Student
Myrna McGregor -
Provincial Training Officer
Joining this group of elected officials are Field Services
Coordinators Jan Seedhouse and Jerry Horne.
There will be other non-voting members of the Board in order to
provide representation from different regions of the province. You're invited
to contact us about helping out on one of the committees.
Public Relations and
Members: Cindy Bayes, Jerry Horne, Barbara Murray, Bevin
Jan Seedhouse, Jane Fitschen.
Darcy Allen, Myrna McGregor, James Hance, Andrea Webb, Cher McLean
James Hance, Darcy Allen, Andrea Webb
Myrna McGregor, Jerry Horne, Jan Seedhouse
Anne Knott, Cher McLean
Anne Knott, Cindy Bayes, Jane Fitschen