Step 4. Communications
- Is there a plan to review and revise communications?
- Who is responsible?
Step 5. Training
- How will staff become aware of literacy needs?
- Is there a training plan?
Step 6. Evaluation and maintenance of the program
- Do you have an evaluation plan?
- Who will have ongoing responsibility for the program?
Goals for the program:
The goals for the program are
- improved access to justice;
- well-trained staff who are sensitive to clients’ literacy problems;
- adjudicators who are sensitive to the literacy issue;
- a well-understood way of dealing with vulnerable Canadians;
- providing timely, relevant, understandable information;
- meeting the needs of the clients;
- fulfilling the mandate of the tribunal.