Read and understand short messages
- A variety of phone messages and accompanying
- Greeting cards _ Choose appropriate card for
- A teacher-made memo _ Read and demonstrate
understanding by answering questions (orally or written).
Read and understand instructions
Circle/Underline the correct answer.
the correct answer on the line.
Please wipe your feet.
Pay cashier at front.
Please remove your boots.
Read and understand information
- A personal information form
- A cash register receipt - Follow oral
instructions to find a list of items, the PST & GST, subtotal and total
- Flyers - Find information on flyer
Potatoes - $3.49 - 10 lb. bag
- A simple enlarged map - Find relevant
Read and understand written ideas and feelings
- Read a story or dialogue of up to 9 sentences
and circle the correct multiple choice answer
- Read a simple chart and fill in the blanks
- Read and answer questions about the information
in the chart
- Participate in an interactive class survey, read
the questions and
- Collect information
- Read and report
- Read sentences describing situations that evoke
feelings. Choose the feeling that best fits with the situation
- Match pictures and feeling words.
Read the sentences. Choose the card to match the
- ____ Your friend is twenty-five years old today.
- ____ Your friend is very sick.
- ____Your friend's mother died.
To: All Students and Teachers
From: Mr. Brown, Principal
Re: School on Thursday
There will be a Teachers' Meeting on Thursday,
January 24th from 12:00 to 2:00. School will start at 2:15.
- Who is the meeting for?
- When will the meeting start and finish?
- What time will school start?