|Objective A: Learners will develop an
understanding of arithmetic and its applications to real-world problems.
- Solve problems involving measurement of length, perimeter, area,
volume, and time.
- Solve problems involving calculation of rates such as distance
and time and cost and unit.
- Solve problems involving properties of numbers, exponents, and
- Solve problems involving percent, proportion, and ratio.
- Interpret tables, graphs, charts, and statistical data.
|Objective B: Learners will develop an
understanding of algebra and its application.
- Use algebraic language and symbolism.
- Understand common axioms and properties governing equations and
- Set up and solve equations.
- Learn concept of factoring.
- Learn concepts of algebraic fractions.
|Objective C: Learners will develop an
understanding of geometry and its application.
- Calculate values for angles, line segments, and slopes.
- Know rectangular coordinates and points of intersection.
- Find indirect measurements of angles and line segments using
similar figures and the Pythagorean Theorem.
|Objective D: Learners will develop skills
using calculators, computers, and other technology for a variety of
- Reflect current practices in business and industry.
- Select appropriate technology for deserved results.
- Meet the needs of learning disabled students.
- Free up time to work on higher-order reasoning and problem-