|Objective A: Learners will know how to
properly fill in a computer-scored answer sheet.
- Practice completing a computer-scored answer sheet.
- Match question number to corresponding number on answer sheet;
check occasionally to make sure.
- Understand that an improper erasure may register as an answer.
|Objective B: Learners will be prepared for
test with proper materials and knowledge that all parts of the test are
- Understand personal responsibility for checking to be sure test
materials correspond with exam being taken.
- Understand that directions are not the same for each part of the
- Practice reading all test directions carefully before proceeding.
- Listen to proctor's oral directions.
|Objective C: Learners will be encouraged to
use reading strategies to tackle directions and questions.
- Using context clues; comparison signals
- Looking for relationships
- Identifying key words in the passage and skimming
- Scanning to efficiently locate pertinent information
- Connecting new data with prior itemized knowledge
- Reading purpose question
|Objective D: Learners will be aware of
allotted time periods for each section of the exam and will plan and
monitor self in order to finish correctly and on time.
- Do not leave any questions unanswered, keep moving.
- Make educated guesses for puzzling questions in science, social
studies, literature, and the arts.
- Use remaining time for proofreading and corrections.