|Objective E: Learners will feel confident in
taking the tests of the GED.
- Practice using various predictor forms, e.g., computer
tests, time tests.
- Familiarize self with testing location.
- Prearrange necessary travel and child care plans including
- Eat before arriving and/or bring snack as energy booster over 5-6
- Monitor test-taking environment and ask for change in seating if
|Objective F: Learners will develop cognitive
strategies to help manage test anxiety.
- Positive "self-talk"
- Recognize defeatist attitudes, e.g., "If I fail the
- Breathing techniques
- Remind self of strengths and successes
|Objective G: Learners will be discriminating
in multiple-choice questions.
- Read directions carefully
- Read questions all the way through.
- Read all the options and pick two.
- If choosing from two, reread.
- Watch out for negatives, e.g., not, except.
- Watch out for qualifiers, e.g., all-most, some-none;
always- usually-sometimes-never; more-equal-less.