|Objective D: Learners will apply mathematical
thinking and modeling to solve problems that arise in other disciplines
such as art, music, science, economics, business, and industry.
- Apply the concept of ratio and proportion to scale drawing.
- Recognize the meaning of the time signature in music and its
relationship to the time value of the various types of note (a 1/2
note in 3/4 time is shorter than a 1/2 note in 4/4 time).
- Use knowledge of algebra to determine the number of atoms in
multiple molecules of an element.
- Investigate the use of patterns in predicting social, economic,
and business trends.
- Model systems to modify existing ones to improve products or