|Objective A: Learners will express where, with
whom, and why s/he needs to use English.
- Answer questions in native language or point to pictures to
indicate survival needs.
- Respond to questions about learning needs.
- State personal interests and learning needs.
- Describe needs in writing in lists, letters, or journals.
|Objective B: Learners will participate in
planning and decision making in class.
- Help plan class festivities, trips, etc.
- Help choose lesson content by responding to questions,
checklists, or discussion.
- Give opinions on appropriateness of different class activities.
- Assess own progress periodically using anecdotes, checklists,
|Objective C: Learners will take an active role
in their learning environment.
- Write on the board, dictate to the class, role-play, and help
- Interview visitors to the class.
- Contribute to running the class by volunteering, electing
officers, and serving on committees.
- Plan and conduct class events, celebrations, and speakers; write
letters to invite or thank visitors.
- Teaches others.
|Objective D: Learners will work cooperatively
to create a safe and comfortable atmosphere and increase the use of
English without fear of criticism.
- Dictate names to one another.
- Interview one another.
- Work together in pairs and small groups.
- Work together to solve problems, share opinions, or produce a
product in English.
- Develop constructive ways to correct their own and peers' common
- Speak one-to-one with instructor.