- Adult Learning and Literacy. (2002). Directory of Adult Learning Centres and Literacy Programs in Manitoba.
- Winnipeg, MB.
- American Psychiatric Association. (2000). Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
- Fourth Edition, Text Revision. Washington, DC.
- Bingman, M. (1989). Learning Differently: Meeting the Needs of Adults with Learning Disabilities.
- Center for Literacy Studies, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville: TN
- Burt, P. (1998). How Does Literacy Affect the Health of Canadians? A Profile Paper,
- Policy Development and Coordination Division health Promotion and Programs Branch Health Canada.
- Burt, P. (1990). Research Report: Literacy and Health Project Phases One. Toronto: Ontario
- Public Health Association (OPHA). Summary of report found in
Literacy and Health: Making the Connection. Health Promotion. Vol. 28, No. 1. Summer (1989).
- Centre for Education and Work (to be released in 2004). Facilitator Guide - Stages.
- Campbell, P. & Brokop, F. (2000). Canadian Adult Reading Assessment.
- University of Alberta, Grass Roots Press.
- Doherty (1997). Zero to Six: The Basis for School Readiness. Conference Paper.
- Human Recourses Development Canada.
- Hunter, C.S.J., & Harman, D. (1979). Adult literacy in the United States.
- New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Kirsh, L.S., & Gurthries, J.T. (1977:1978). The concept and measurement of functional literacy.
- Reading Research Quarterly, vol. 13, 485-507.
- Knox, A.B. (1987). International perspectives on adult education.
- Columbus, OH: ERIC Clearinghouse on Adult, Career and Vocational Education.
- Kozol, J. (1985). Illiterate America. New York: Anchor/Doubleday.
- Learning Disabilities Association Canada. (2001). Screening For Success: Training Manual,
- Developed as a result of Destination Literacy: Identifying and Teaching Adults with
Learning Disabilities (1999).