Summary of Eight Collaboration Models
- Alberta Workforce Essential skills (AWES)
- Workplace Education Manitoba
- Nova Scotia Partners for Workplace Education; Nova-Scotia Workplace Education Initiative
- Workplace Education PEI
- Learning at Work – Saskatchewan Labour Force Development Board (SLFDB)
- Western Canada Workplace Essential Skills Training Network (WWestNet)
- SkillPlan BC
- Yukon Government, Department of Education, Advanced Education – Labour Market Programs and Services
Alberta Workforce Essential Skills (AWES)
Non-profit society. An advisory committee includes representatives from labour, industry associations, apprenticeship and industry training board and government.
- Pursue essential skills development in various sectors.
- Present information about workforce literacy issues to business, labour and government so they can make informed decisions about essential skills training and development.
- Stay informed about workforce literacy trends, programs, research findings and innovations.
- Develop ways for stakeholders to interact and share information with each other.
- Improve and extend workforce essential skills training and development through enhanced professional development, information sharing and training opportunities for practitioners.
- Be available for sharing and providing input at the inter-provincial, national and international levels.
- AWES Centre for Research on Literacy, Faculty of Education, University of Alberta.
- ESL Resource Package for Alberta Communities – a guide and support for ESL teachers, particularly those without training and background in teaching ESL.
- Essential Skills for Hazard Analysis Critical Control Program – a front-line training program to help implement the food safety program to reduce the risk of food-borne illnesses through safe handling, production, processing and retailing of food products.
- Sectoral Needs Assessment: A Process for Essential Skills Analysis – a guidebook on how to design and implement a needs assessment, interpret findings, shape recommendations, develop action plans and evaluate outcomes. Targeted to employer associations, sector councils, labour unions, community colleges, government and essential skills consultants.
- Spreading the Word: A Framework for Workplace Essential Skills Presentations – a marketing tool that provides scripts and practical strategies for practitioners and business and labour representatives.
- Travelling Trunk: Workplace Essential Resource Collection – an extensive library of training and resource materials available to practitioners.