Resources for Educators
- Barriers to Youth Employment in Nunavut, Nunavut Literacy Council, 2007
- Improving Essential Skills for Work and Community: Workplace and Workforce Literacy in the NWT and Nunavut, Nunavut Literacy Council and the NWT Literacy Council, 2007
- Steps to Employment (STEP) manuals. Manuals intended for newcomers to Canada, including workbooks and instructor guides, for thirteen occupational groupings including many trades. Available on-line at http://22.214.171.124/manuals.html.
- Understanding Essential Skills. Insert, NWT Literacy Council 2009.
- Developing and Evaluating Workplace Literacy Programs: A Handbook for Practitioners and Trainers. Larry Mikulecky, Paul Lloyd, Jamie Kirkley and Julie Oelker. National Centre on Adult Literacy, University of Pennsylvania, 1996. Available on-line at www.literacyonline.org/products/ncal/pdf/PG9601.pdf.
- Getting There: A Curriculum for People Moving into Employment. By Marian Collette, et.al., from The Center for Literacy Studies, University of Tennesee. Available on-line at http://cls.coe.utk.edu/pdf/getthere.pdf.
- Workforce Education LAB. Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center. Includes descriptions and materials for a wide range of workforce education assignments and lessons. Available on-line at http://slincs.coe.utk.edu/gtelab/.
- Workplace Skills for the Adult Learner: An Integrated Curriculum. George Mason University Graduate School of Education. 1999. Available on-line at www.aelweb.vcu.edu/publications/GMU/Introduction,