Resources for Employers
- Barriers to Youth Employment in Nunavut, Nunavut Literacy Council, 2007
- Improving Essential Skills for Work and Community: Workplace and Workforce Literacy in the NWT and Nunavut, Nunavut Literacy Council and the NWT Literacy Council, 2007
- Scorecard for Skills. Conference Board. Includes templates and tools for carrying out balanced scorecard approach to workplace education evaluation. Available on-line at http://scorecardforskills.com/.
- Understanding Essential Skills. Insert, NWT Literacy Council 2009.
- Workplace Literacy Assessment Tools. Maurice C. Taylor, Algonquin College, no date. Outlines specific assessment tools that can be used to test workplace literacy skills. Available on-line at www.nald.ca/fulltext/report4/rep36-40/rep36-01.htm.
- Creating Pathways to Advancement: A Manual for Project Developers. An employer-driven workforce development model, developed by a non-profit organization with funding from the US Department of Labour, this program provided career-advancement opportunities for low-skilled workers. It was piloted in Seattle, Washington, in 2003. Available on-line at www.seakingwdc.org/pdf/reports/sector/pathwaysguide.pdf.
- Literacy Skills Analysis for Job Training. National Centre on Adult Literacy, University of Pennsylvania. 1998. Available on-line at http://literacyonline.org/products/ncal/pdf/TR9807.pdf.
- Testing and Accountability in Adult Literacy Education: Focus on Workplace Literacy Resources for Program Design, Assessment, Testing, & Evaluation. Thomas Sticht. Applied Behavioral & Cognitive Sciences, Inc. 1999. Available on-line at www.nald.ca/fulltext/sticht/testing/testing.pdf
- Australian Qualifications Framework. Provides assessments of skills required for all occupations and training in Australia, including “recognition of prior learning. Available on-line at www.aqf.edu.au/aboutaqf.htm.