Resources for Policy Makers
- The Aboriginal Workforce: What Lies Ahead, François Lamontagne, Canadian Labour and Business Centre, September 2004. Available on-line at www.clbc.ca/files/Reports/Aboriginal_Commentary_piece.pdf.
- Barriers to Youth Employment in Nunavut, Nunavut Literacy Council, 2007
- Briefing Paper: Literacy and the Canadian Workforce. Sue Folinsbee, for the Movement for Canadian Literacy, 2001. Available on-line at www.literacy.ca/public/brief/brief.PDF.
- Improving Essential Skills for Work and Community: Workplace and Workforce Literacy in the NWT and Nunavut, Nunavut Literacy Council and the NWT Literacy Council, 2007
- International Adult Literacy Survey: Benchmarking Adult Literacy in North America: An International Comparative Study, Chapter 3: Policy implications. Albert Tuijman. Available on-line at www11.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/cs/sp/hrsdc/arb/2001-002583/
- Workforce Investment Act of 1998. Public Law 105-220, U.S. Congress. Includes provisions for funding workplace literacy with joint funding by municipalities and the federal government. Available on-line at www.doleta.gov/usworkforce/wia/wialaw.pdf.
- Changing Skills for a Changing World: Recommendations for Adult Literacy Policy in Aotearoa/New Zealand. Alice H. Johnson. Outlines policy challenges facing adult literacy programs in New Zealand, including Maori issues. Available on-line at www.fulbright.org.nz/voices/axford/docs/johnsona.pdf.